The guacamole and salsa are made to be, well, made together. They share a lot of ingredients, and since you’re pulling out the food processor for one, then you might as well make the other.
If you came here looking for vegan guacamole or vegan salsa, then good for you! Although both of these are already vegan, I applaud your efforts to double-check. Like chili (not to be confused with chili con carne), lazy omnivores find a way of making most things non-vegan.
If you’re just following my blog for fun, though, then even better for you!
There will be a surprise later this week using all three of these ingredients, so no time like the present to practice, right?
By February 19, 2013Published:
- Yield: 1 1/2 Cups
Whoever invested guacamole must have been the most popular Aztec around.
- 2 cloves garlic Sliced
- 1/2 small onion Sliced
- 2 serrano chilis Seeded and sliced
- 1/2 c cilantro Leaves picked
- 1 avocado Peeled, sliced in half, and pit removed
- juice of half a lime
- pinch salt
- In the work bowl of a food processor, add the garlic, onion, chili, and cilantro and pulse to just combine.
- In a bowl, smash the avocado with a fork (or with a pestle in a mortar), adding the lime juice partway through to slow the oxidation process and keep the avocado green.
- Add the mixture from the food processor and stir to combine. Salt to taste.