For something so delicious and so pink, these pickled onions are surprisingly easy to make.
And if you’re a hipster who keeps a selection of mason jars on hand and refers to them as ‘hipster goblets’ when using as your water glass, then even better!
Make these today, and then throw them in the fridge for use in this Thursday’s upcoming recipe…
Quick Pickled Onions Recipe
By February 19, 2013Published:
- Yield: 1 Cup (8 Servings)
- Prep: 5 mins
Few things are more fun than pink pickles.
- Whisk the vinegar, water, sugar, and salt in a small saucepan over medium heat, taking care not to inhale the vinegar fumes.
- Stuff the onion slices into a mason jar.
- Pour the vinegar mixture into the mason jar over the onions. The liquid should just cover the onions; if it doesn't, then add just a bit of water to top off.
- Cover, give a quick shake (not necessary at all—just for fun), and allow to hang out on the counter for at least an hour before using. If not using the same day, then throw in the fridge.