If you’re looking for a simple centerpiece for your St. Patrick’s Day supper, then look no further.
Out of some misplaced tradition, Ryan is generous enough to humour me on St. Patrick’s Day, going along with my insistence upon sharing an Irish dinner. Or perhaps it’s the whiskey and beer.
Either way, perhaps you’re also a slightly lost but well intentioned Irish-American, wondering how you’re going to replace lamb in your stew. May I recommend Gardein beefless tips? They’re really wonderful in this application, and allow you to throw the stew together in less time than it takes to properly denature the flesh of another sentient being.
Vegan Irish Stew Recipe
By March 7, 2013Published:
- Yield: 4-6 Servings
- Prep: 5 mins
- Cook: 40 mins
- Ready In: 45 mins
Bold but simple, the stew goes well with whiskey and winter nights.
- 2 knobs Earth Balance (EB)
- 2 onions Chopped
- 2 carrots Sliced
- 3 potatoes Large diced
- 4 cups (homemade) vegetable broth
- 1 package Gardein Beefless Tips Thawed
- few sprigs thyme Leaves picked
- few bay leaves
- salt and pepper To taste
- parsley For garnishing
- Melt the EB in a large pot over medium-high heat.
- When melted, add the onion and sauté briefly until translucent, 4-5 minutes.
- Add the carrot and sauté until the onion starts to turn golden, another 3-4 minutes.
- Add the potatoes, beefless tips, broth, thyme, and bay leaves. Taste and add salt and pepper. Boil, then simmer 20-30 minutes, until potatoes are tender.
- Taste and adjust seasoning before serving garnished with chopped parsley.